Friday, May 07, 2010

Progress...and WQ Park??

Les poissons! Les Poissons! Don't ask me what this means but Ridhwan is always so thrilled whenever I play this song for him! :D This song was initially heard at Ridhwan's class in T-Mix. I quickly enjoyed the song and was moving to the beat...hehee...its a catchy children song in french. Eventhough I have no idea what it means, only that Poisson I think is a fish, I think...but Ridhwan loves it! And to see him laughing and smilling every time he hears that songs, really lights up my heart...also, it means that the songs that was played during his class last time leaves an impact in his brain and is actually remembered..and the nice fact is that, he can even sing the song with the correct melody and all with whatever lyrics that he remembers only lah, but hey, that's good enough for me as it is! In actual fact, he loves music, really loves music! He sometimes would even hum classical music that we played in the car whenever we go out, and sometimes he'd say 'eh silap!' cause he hummed the wrong tune! Hahahaa! And for that, I am so thankful to Allah, that his hearing is good, alhamdulillah...When he was younger, I remembered our paed was somewhat worried about his hearing that we did a hearing test but alhamdulillah he did okay in it, he passed it I think...well he should have I would think, as he can even hear when his father just comes from work when we are already upstairs...so his hearing alhamdulillah is good...alhamdulillah..

For that too, I guess that's why he learns faster with hearing, imitating and listening to sounds, words and all. His eye-sight is still a biiig question mark as he just hates to wear his glasses! Once on his eye, he'd throw it away like lightning! And to make him wear it again, ya Allah, Allah aje lah tahu betapa payahnya...but this little wrestling of making him wear the glasses is mostly due to his biggest problem that is sensory problem ..sigh...it is this sensory issue that is making him not wanting to wear a hat, his glasses, hold a pencil better and putting down his left foot so he may walk on his own eventually...Insya-Allah amin....but otherwise, I am still proud of this little boy and his progress despite not being able to walk yet...soon ya Ridhwan before adik comes out maybe? :D Amin...amin..Insya-Allah...may Allah perkenankan doa mama nie yea....

Music wise Ridhwan really can remember songs but as usual, whenever we 'test' him by asking him to sing the full song, he'd clam up..hmm..he just hates being tested, and for that, I too have a hard time wondering if he does know all the songs lyrics by hard or does he only know half of it...time will tell I hope, maybe one day he'd sing the whole Anuar Zain's song 'I'm the lucky one' all by himself ke kan...hahaa...ya, that is one of his favourite song! ;) Memilih gak cik abang nie....However, despite being musically inclined, this mother's heart is very much sejuk when he can actually sing dzikir, such as Sollatullah Salamullah...he loves to sing it, well not the whole dzikir of it but the main ones, which i also can only remember..hehee...and sometimes when I recite Asmaul Husna he does know the next name of Allah...and that really makes my heart smile and thankful to Allah that despite having physical disability, he remembers Allah and recites Allah's name and dzikir even when I don't prompt him...Alhamdulillah...

Though our paed always reminded us that despite he memorizes well that is not enough as he needs to be better in his comprehension, to express himself better in sentences and words which is very true..he has yet to make veeery long sentences as most normal children do...but I believe he will insya-Allah..and my last few months of worrying about Ridhwan's school has finally been sorted and Insya-Allah...last few weeks we have been making visits to a placed call WQ Park..initially we thought it was a new place that only has a hydrotherapy pool at its place, little did we know its a fully equipped rehab centre that caters not only for children but for adults too! And to make it even nicer, that place had a rehab dr and a paed too! Which then made me and hubby smiled and nearly laughed to ourselves as it is Ridhwan's own rehab doctor and neuro paed that have set up the place!! To think that our paed told us to go there and didn't mention that little fact that she is a consultant there...sabor je lah...but I understand why she did that cause she wouldn't want to mention it at the hospital as it would be conflict in work interest lah pulak..and also she said she wanted us to check the place out not because she is there but to see the place as it is and decide on our own...well, from our first impression, we were quite impressed with the layout of the building where they had different rooms for different discipline of therapies and it was really well designed and has an inviting look to it....

Anyway, my main reason of checking out the place was of course for the hydrotherapy thing as for years I have yet to find one where there is a dedicated physiotherapist that will be in the pool with Ridhwan and doing the exercises and not on my own as I have heard from some others who uses hydrotherapy pools elsewhere..so that is a plus point for me! Then, there was the EIP, yes an EIP that is being monitored and evaluated by a rehab doctor and a paed to suit your childs need, meaning doing speech therapy, occupational therapy and physiotherapy all in one place and including that, Ridhwan gets to attend a class and socialize! Now, that for me sounds really good!! And on top of that, I already knew the speech therapist and occupational therapist!! Well, which mother won't be delighted to be given those options to her isn't it ;) Also, the fact that Ridhwan was going to be left on his own without me, that makes me feel better, knowing I knew the people and Ridhwan is already used to them before...cause you see, all this 4 years of his life, from Shichida to Twiddlewink to T-mix and to all his therapies at the hospital, I have been by his side., never being alone..ada ke...cause even with me he does co-operate so yup, never left his side in all his classes and therapies..well, its time to let go...sob...sob...not entirely..but slowly....hmmm....so, as it is, he does need some socializing as he has stopped all those weekend classes already, and I want him to learn to be independent at the same time and being able to do all the main therapy that needs at only one place...well, this place sounds like the best so far....so far lah kan, Insya-Allah...

Anyway, only next week Ridhwan will start his so-called 'class' or Early Intervention Program (EIP) but so far I am satisfied with the fact that it will suit Ridhwan's current progress and will acommodate Ridhwan's progress in the future..and being backed up by our rehab doctor and neuro paed makes it even better lah kan! ;) For a long time I have been searching for a good EIP centre that has all the main therapies Ridhwan needs and a school for him to go to at the same time, and Insya-Allah I hope I have found one..as it is he is already going to be 5 next month, this is something that I really need to worry about as it has been on mind so much especially since I was pregnant and knowing my limitations of places to go with my condition did make me a but upset last time, also next year dah 6 years old!! Then its schooling age...hmmm....so, good luck to my son, you can do it sayang! Mama hopes you enjoy the classes and activities there! And may they take good care of you there ya! This is what happens when a mother who has been taking care of her son all by herself feels at times like this...hard to let go...sob..sob..but I have to, and I know he'll be fine..amin...Insya-Allah...



Hmm...okay ke tempat nie mama? ..

At the front of WQ Park...can you see ridhwan in his stroller in this picture? hehee...he is next to the cafe....yes, I checked that out too! ;) hahahaa

The main entrance of WQ Park..it has a ramp for wheelchair! Bagus..bagus...

3 comments:

MYKENNS said...

May I know where's WQ park?

Mamapinkie said...

oh my god, pui yen, i forgot to email to you!! anyway, for you information, T-Mix I think doesn't exist anymore cause I sms the principal a few months ago and she never replied, either changed number or not here in Malaysia cause the centre closed for awhile as she wanted to get more materials and she said she'd contact again if she's starting again...but till now no word from her. Anyway, WQ Park is in Kelana Jaya, Dr. Taayah and Dr. Sofiah are the doctors there, its something both of them have always wanted to do it seems, like a one stop rehab centre that has not only physio, speech and OT but together with classes for special children. Will Give you the address if you want. Maybe you can contact Dr. Taayah personally to ask more

MYKENNS said...

no prob. do u know that tweedle wink is back? i contacted the person-incharge, they're taking in special needs. I have yet to meet the principal though, will keep u posted yah.
Oh really? where about in Kelana Jaya? I am looking forward to find a good school for JK if ok. To be honest, it's been some time since i last saw dr Taayah. I am only seeing the therapist, i.e. sarjit.
How are things going for u?