Friday, May 07, 2010

Happy Birthday and a time off for this mama...

The cake cutting ceremony...

At last a time off for me..me! me! me! Heehee...ever since I got pregnant I haven't really had the chance for a me time...not that I couldn't, well 1st three months was more of vomitting and nausea time isn't it, so now at 4 months, with feeling better with energy getting back to near normal, I can at least say, yes I can go out and have some time off with my girls. And so I did!

For someone who is not working, most people think that you'd have more time for yourself right...riiiight..what rubbish that is...oops, sorry for the language...but truthfully, you hardly have time for yourself cause most of the time is for you child...taking care of him, feeding and what not...though I must say since pregnant, I am sort of getting some 'time off' as I can't carry Ridhwan anymore and I don't give him baths anymore, the father does it! yahoo!! Hehee...but truthfully, I soooo misss doing that, carrying him into the bath tub, getting myself wet more than him as he kick the water in the tub, then carrying him and putting on his clothes, his bedak-bedak as Ridhwan calls it and many other things too...but in a way, I definitely can't do all the carrying anymore, so I guess its a 'time off' for me..at least for the next 5 months that is...But most of all, I miss hugging him tightly and just turning around and around until my back can't bear his weight anymore and both of us getting dizzy at the same time...hahaaa...but its okay, all in a good cause isn't it ;)

So, after non-socializing for nearly 4 months with other people except my family and umm..therapists...hehee...ya, SDMC is the only place where I go socializing these days...hahaaa...sigh...sounds pathetic lah pulak yea...hmm..oh well, at least I don't just stay at home right...well, on 25th April, got to meet me favourtie gals for Loges birthday or more of belated. Happy Birthday Loges dear! Had a nice lunch with the gals and later watched a movie, sad one too ...sob..sob...all done in Liz's place. Thanks dear for allowing us to keep crashing into your apartment ya! ;) Next time my place lah pulak, ya? ya? heehee....It was a nice time for me as I get to sort of 'off' my mother and wife mode for a few hours and behave like school girls again...yup, when you've known people since school you can't help behaving like a school girl again even after meeting again and again after all those years...which to me is a real treat for me as, its not every month I get that treat of leaving the house for a few hours and sort of stop worrying about Ridhwan, which I have no compain actually but you know, when you are a housewife, it does feel nice once in a while to just socialize with other people who are not really in the same boat with you and hear their side of their story and life...

Anyway, it was a good weekend for me, a nice time off even for a few hours only...to the gals, I always look forward seeing each and everyone of you every time we meet up, love you gals to bits! And thanks so much for always being there for me, especially at hard times like recently ya, love yaaaa!! Friends forever!!!!

Part of the cake gone..and more will be gone!! Yummy delicious ice-cream cake!!


Some of the food we ate...

0 comments: